App rejected because of "UIBackgroundModes"

Hello,

I’m trying to publish my app in the App store, but it’s getting rejected because of “UIBackgroundModes”. My app isn’t using any tracking feature. My Info.plist file also doesn’t include a “UIBackgroundModes”. So i’m not sure why they are referring my app to this. The location is is also disabled in the settings on Appmysite. Does anybody know how I can remove this completely or what do I need to do to get my app approved?

Apple provided this information:
Thank you for providing this information.

However, we noticed that you app declares support for location in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist file but does not have any features that require persistent location. Apps that declare support for location in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist file must have features that require persistent location.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to include features that require the persistent use of real-time location updates while the app is in the background.

If your app does not require persistent real-time location updates, please remove the “location” setting from the UIBackgroundModes key. You may wish to use the significant-change location service or the region monitoring location service if persistent real-time location updates are not required for your app features.

Best,
Andrea

Hi Andrea. From what I know, AppMySite just reflects your website’s content in the app. The app itself doesn’t store any data. If you’ve received this message from the app store, it is possible that you may have enabled certain webviews within your app, and those screens may be storing some data.

In any case, I’d suggest you reach out to AppMySite’s support team. If those webviews are indeed storing user data, you can enable certain user permissions while generating your iOS build.

Hope this helps!

1 Like