AppMySite price plans

Hi,

Does AppMySite just change its prices from $29 per month to $129? Overnight? What is it I am seeing in here? This looks like we are getting scammed. I paid for the liftetime just one month ago. When the price was a fair price. What is going on here? So scary that I am thinking that you guys are just scammers. Not sure yet - but waiting for an explanation on this prices!

Kindly,
Zayn

Hi @Zayn
​​
​We completely understand your concern about the recent price changes, and we want to clarify that these updates will only affect new purchases and upgrades. If you already have an active paid subscription or a lifetime deal, rest assured that your current plan remains unaffected unless you decide to purchase a new subscription or create a new app.

The decision to adjust pricing reflects our commitment to providing you with the best possible experience. We’re continuously working to enhance the platform’s performance, security, and functionality. These improvements, including more powerful features and innovations, are designed to give you greater control and a more seamless experience for both you and your customers.

We value your trust and cooperation as we move forward with these enhancements. Please know that we are dedicated to offering a top-tier platform, and these changes are essential to sustaining that quality.

If you have any questions or need further clarification, feel free to reach out. We truly appreciate your understanding and continued support.

Regards,

AppMySite
www.appmysite.com

Hi,
I’m still concerned about the sudden price changes, seemingly overnight. I’m surprised that no one else is saying anything about it.

My issue is that some of the functionality now requires me to upgrade my plan. When I purchased the premium plan, it included everything.

For example, this feature now asks me to upgrade my plan, but why? Please see the screenshot added!

Kind,
Zayn

Hi @Zayn

The screenshot that you have shared is from the profile section. If you are already on the Premium plan then you do not need to Upgrade.

We also offer the functionality to downgrade the subscription if the customer wishes to. Hence the downgrade process is done through the same Upgrade button.

If you are already on the Premium plan, there is nothing more you can Upgrade to. The only functionality that may ask you to upgrade your subscription is for the app that is on the Free plan. The app on the Lifetime plan will not ask you to upgrade.